ŠΟŒυŽ{έƒT[ƒ`
Appreciation
‘Museum for Conserving and Passing Down Traditional Agriculture
The Nakashihoro District, which is the birthplace of Shihoro Town, is located approximately 10 km to the south of Shihoro Honcho. It was once a settlement in which an urban area was formed in the center and surrounded by farm households.
In the Nakashihoro District, the first land reclamation was conducted in Shihoro Town in 1898 by Mino Development Limited Partnership, which was organized by farmers from the outskirts of Mino City, Gifu Prefecture. The second and third generations of these original development group members are still engaged in farming to this day.
The Museum for Conserving and Passing Down Traditional Agriculture was constructed to provide opportunities to as many people as possible, including the children who will one day become our nationfs future leaders, to learn about traditional agriculture. Ideally, visitors will learn how our predecessors led their daily lives and engaged in agriculture since the pioneering days and gain a better understanding of their strong frontier spirit.


It is our hope that visitors will learn about the robust pioneering spirit of our predecessors.
Address 86, Nakashihoro Kansen, Shihoro Town
Museum Information May`Oct. 9:00`17:00
Nov.`Apr. 10:00`15:00
Closed Mondays, year end/New Year holidays
Admission fee
Inquiries Shihoro Town Board of Education
TEL 01564-5-2211(Ext. 612)
FAX -
E-mail -
URL -
Access E35 minutes by bus from JR Obihiro Station
E25 minutes by car from Obihiro
Parking 30 ordinary cars

A message from the curator@b@Facility information